Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Herringbone variation


Herringbone comma
Originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
I decided to join in the fun and participate in Sharon B's TAST project! You can find more info on this at www.inaminuteago.com. I began "playing" right after I saw the posting last night. I was struck with the idea of creating a swirl with the herringbone stitch. Soo, I made these litle herringbone "commas" with some variegated dmc. I kinda like them! I think I will try to do some more, varying the sizes more dramatically starting with really small and going to super larger! The herringbone is one of my favorite stitches so this will be fun to play around with! I will continue to post work ideas as I get them stitched! Hmmmm......even layering these would be fun...or making them into swirled medallions or.....:_)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oooh, great idea! I like what the variegated did.

Linda B said...

Love the way the hb stitch turns into a heart or sweeping line.
Hugs
Linda

Anonymous said...

Good idea, I participe also to the "take a stich thuesday challenge", but I not speak very well english, sorry.
Hugs
Marie Christine(France)

Helen in the UK said...

Love your herringbone experiments - it really works well on curves and circles. Great honeybee tutorial too :)