Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cabachon pin


cab swap
Originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
This is also a result of my Fimo explorations! I joined into a beaded cabachon swap and needed to get this done and mailed. I layered the royal blue and the turquoise colors, cut a slice and pressed it in my noodle maker and came out with the base. I cooked that, then decided to add some metallic Fimo shapes which I attached with Liquid Sculpey and baked again. I then glued the cabachon to some interfacing, and started beading. I had no plan (as usual) but simply played a bit and this is the result. I'm a little worried about the loops at the top being a little too much, but...well...since i've already added some ultra suede to the back, i'm gonna have to leave it I guess. It was fun to do and the little group I belong too will be continuing to have swaps, so more are likely to come! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Linda B said...

Angel this is so beautiful and a lot of thought and work went into this design.
Hugs
Linda