Tuesday, November 01, 2005

BB 1

BB 1
BB 1,
originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
This is the "almost" completed block that I will be contributing to my local cq association. I decided since I took the pic to do something about the dragonfly that is woven into the silk in the upper left hand corner...to help it show up better. I have been reluctant to do beading on the two blocks I am making for this project because of how it will be used. I'm concerned that they will hold up even with silamide thread. I have added some buttoms, but have them sooooo secure, I don't think they will go anywhere. That's my hope anyway! At any rate, I'll get something figured out with em. Right now, i'm running a line of french knots around the wings, then i've got to do something with the veins and body. Any suggestions? I've thought about some brazilian embroidery maybe? There are sooo many options...I probably need to just stop thinking about it and just start stitching! LOL!!

No comments: