Friday, May 06, 2005

Lissa's block

Lissa's block
Lissa's block,
originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
This is a pic of the work I did on a block for a round robin. The block itself was a bit challenging as it is a mix of patterned cottons, so it was interesting to figure out what to do and where to allow the work to show up! I started with a machine embroidered design of the iris' then added a vase, butterfly and bee with some french knots sprinkled around the flowers to tie things together. Looking at it now, I probably should have digitized the vase so it would at least be more symetrical! LOL!! Oh well, hopefully the owner will still enjoy the charm or its simplicity. The butterfly and bee are brazillian embroidery. I'm really enjoying working with the Edmar threads and the versatility of the designs. I then framed the block with a chain stich variation that created a frilly look by looping thread thru the chain stitch. The I used the fly stitch with french knots to create a table cloth effect to complete the look.

1 comment:

Mary-Frances said...

I love the irises...they are fantastic. Look like a water color picture. And the vase isn't lopsided at all...looks very artistic!