Friday, May 06, 2005

Dusty's block

Dusty's block
Dusty's block,
originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
This is another blog from the same round robin that i'm working on that I did a similar frame around the seams of the block. I read about this variation in a brazilian embroidery book and liked the effect! I then let this block sit while I explored the other possibilities. I really struggled with what to do here. I finally landed on a machine embroidered rose that I stitched in purples to blend in with the overall block. Then I stitched a brazilian butterfly and bee and put a bunch of french knots around the flowers to pull in some color. I haven't heard from the owner....i'm hoping she will enjoy the work that's been done.

1 comment:

Mary-Frances said...

I lvoe the rose and butterfly! You are becoming the brazillian overachiever! :-) I love it!