Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Challenge piece


fgm challenge
Originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'
I used to belong to a yahoo group called the "FairyGoddessMothers". Well, they decided one year to do a color challenge with a "fairy goddess"...This was my interpretation for that months theme which was white and blue. I made a white on white cq background in a landscapey way, then appliqued down the goddess. I then stitched the seams with some light blue and beaded the moon and her wings and elsewhere. Well...long story short, she had been languishing on the design wall, and I decided to get her finished up. Since we're doing a challenge at CQI she even works for that! I added some snow flakes to her, feather stitched the very outside seam and will now drop a back on her and she's done! Another UFO done! YEAHHH!!!

No comments: