Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Spirit of Friendship Dolls




Over at my most favorite group, we have been having a
"spirit of Friendship" doll swap. I am the lucky one who gets to swap see em all in person and swap em out! I made three. Two are more ornate, then I simplified. This is the back of the last one of my dolls. She was done all in cotton fabrics and light embroidered and beaded.




I had a lot of fun with this swap and will be trying to make some more in the not so distant future I think. I certainly learned a bit too! I sooooo envy those talented ladies that create some of these AWESME dolls out there... like Stephanie Nowatski (sp?).







This is my bear that has a beaded, ruffled edge, embroidery and beading on both front and back. I hope my swap "sis" enjoys her!




And last but not least, is my "Tree" friendship doll!!!!! LOTS of beading, a hand created "wood" face and embroidery!! Enjoy!!!

























































3 comments:

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Leslie, your spirit of friendship dolls are fantastic. You really captured the theme. Lovely.

Susan said...

Great dolls. I particularly like the bear. It reminds me of Hopi bears.

Jo in NZ said...

LESLIE!! your dolls are great. I love the bear and I LOVE the tree doll.
Bloglines has not been updating you for me, so I missed this.
Love the group shot too. I hope they haven't been giving you too much trouble...lol