Monday, March 28, 2005

butterfly block

butterfly block
butterfly block,
originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
Last entry....for today... This is the first block attempt for the rr...it's got a quasy attempt at a fan in a couple of areas, but doesn't really show it. I'm going to just embellish it in a free form way and see if that doesn't pull it together better. I find that when I start with the five sided piece slightly off center on a block, that I wind up with lonnnnnnnggggg triangular pieces that make me feel as though i'm looking into a vortex! I'm not quite sure yet, what i'm doing wrong and if I have to continue spending DAYS putting a block together, i'm going to just give up and buy the suckers!!! LOL!! This rr was a challenge enough for me because of the colors! I prefer the deeper, richer earth tones and jewel tones. Any suggestions on how to piece more efficiently?

No comments: