Saturday, February 07, 2009
I've gotten behind on posting/reading, etc. so I need to get meself caught up! LOL!! I've been tagged by Kerry and Connie for the 6 picture meme! This picture is one from the CQI retreat last year when we went to the art museum for a private showing of 5 crazy quilts! Most of them dated from 1800's and were just gorgeous! I really enjoyed looking at the stitching and the different motifs! The colors are just so rich and this particular quilt was in very good shape.
Now for those folks to take a look at....
1. Lou Anne is a veritable whiz with the needle and her knowledge of antique cq is awesome. She (to me) specializes in Redwork that is fabulous!!! Take a look at some of her great work! She's even started a recipe blog that have some fabulous ideas!
2. Gail's blogs show her progress in taming the wilds of Wyoming and her great traditional and cq work!
3. Next, is my friend Janet in my home state of Colorado. She has done preservation work on antique cq's and is another FONT of knowledge on the subject! I LOVE to sit and listen to her chat about them and her humor is fantastic!
4. Susan has two blogs....one for her wonderful traditional quilts and the other for her cq!! She is such a generous, sweet person and shares her knowledge freely with newbies at CQ4Newbies.
5. Lauri is another friend in Colorado that does awesome fantasy stitching and beading! When she travel.... look out! She takes her stash seriously! LOL!!! She's organized to a fault and I LOVE seeing what she's going to conjure up!!!
6. Mary Frances is my bud from my local cq group, RMCQ! She runs her own biz, had TWO busy kiddos and still manages to find time to stitch! Take a look at some of her neat creations!
So to pass on the fun! Here are the rules: Go to your Picture folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures. Go to the 6th Folder, then pick the 6th picture in that folder. Post that picture on your blog and the story that goes along with the picture. Tag 6 other people that you know or don’t know to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog or an e-mail letting them know you chose them.
Posted by piney cq at 10:05 AM