Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Pauls Elk

Pauls Elk
Pauls Elk,
originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
Goooooodddddnesssss!!! It's been forever since I last posted!!!! I didn't realize how bad i'd been! Soooo, i'm going to post two things now....and hopefully a copule more tomorrow!

This is a mini-quilt I made for my hubby for Christmas. Its a combo of a landscape quilt and cq....which is around the interior border. Then I added a black border around it to finish it off. I added cq stitching on the patches and also did some fabric manipulation to add dimension. Came out pretty well. A tad dark, but it's serving its purpose. It's rather a long standing "joke" between he and I as he is a hunter. He has only gotten one elk since i've known him....and was disappointed again this year. Sooo, I decided to give him one so he could say that he was successful last season! ?_)

No comments: