Thursday, January 19, 2006

JanFG

JanFG
JanFG,
originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
Yeahhhh!!!! I finished her!!! This teensy project took forever cuz she kept talking to me! :_) Meet Hecca!!! This is my version of the fairie goddess for January. Backed by the frosty mountains, she is "in" the forest....surrounded by snow covered trees. For me, she represents the goddess of life. She is giving energy and life to the frozen ground, nurturing it in her belly and releasing it to the moon sky above. She is typically attended by three dogs...but I have four, so the four paws are for my furkids. I have surrounded her wings with "ice" which is melting as it comes closer to her life center. I have also placed a couple of charms that are significant to me in that the howling wolf depicts my husbands spirit and the bear depicts mine. She will help me to maintain my focus and
assist me in my journey towards being more centered and
balanced! At least thats my intent. A new year and new
life! :_)


I truly hope the remaining months of the fairie goddess are not quite as demanding and will be content with a more simple presentation! :_)

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Joe Madl said...

That is absolutely beautiful, Leslie! Your stitch work is fantastic!!