Thursday, July 09, 2009

Amy's Block


Amy's Block
Originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'
This Amy's block from the Beautiful Beginnings rr at CQI Novice. I am the last one to visit with the block and had to tie some elements togehter. I created a little butterfly out of some flower petals, added a nice arrangement in the white/beige block, added some sre roses on the blue patch to tone it down and a bullion flower in the mauve patch. I also added bullion roses and some pink organza ribbon along a long seam to help tie it all together. I also added lace on the bottom left and added some seam work in a nice variegated thread to complement the colors in the block! I sure hope you enjoy the block, Amy! OH!! I also added a beaded necklace for your silkie! VBG!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this block, the colors are gorgeous! Nice job tying together all the lucious stitching. Adorable butterfly. Debbie (Maine)

Susan/CqLily said...

Leslie,
Thanks for sharing your thinking process of tying it all together in elements, balance, style and color. That is something I think us newbies just might need a lot more of, unless it is just a natural born talent for some! Amy is gonna love this!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Darling vase of tiny flowers, Leslie. And BLUE roses--love it! Can't do them myself, LOL Lynn in So/Cal

Dianne said...

Stunning! Amy will be thrilled! I could enjoy looking at the photo of this block for hours! Susan is right - we newbies really love to read the thinking process on this. I know it doesn't come naturally to me. Thanks Leslie! Hugs, Di

Aida Costa said...

Beautiful block!! The blue bullion roses are a perfect touch, that little bit of blue really adds a 'spark'. Lovely :)

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Leslie, Your stiting is soo very pretty on this block. I am sure the owner will love it. Hugs Judy