Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Maire's Encrusted Block


encrusted-maire3
Originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'
I just finished up my portion of Maire's block! Its is definately encrusted! LOL! I didn't have a lot of space left to work with so I branched out and added touches elsewhere as well, such as the beaded roses and forget me nots, the white bead flowers, etc. I beaded a blue bird, pulled yellow roses over to blend with the others on the left....and could NOT stop drooling over the gorgeous work my friend Gerry did with those love birds! They are just wonderful! Enjoy the block, Maire!

3 comments:

Gerry said...

This block is just stunning. I love, love, love the encrusted look.

Beautiful work, L.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Finish, Leslie ~_~ Love your blue & yellow work--Lynn, SoCal

Susan said...

That is a gorgeous block. Sometimes it is the little touches that tie the whole thing together. Thanks for sharing the picture!