Saturday, February 25, 2006
This is a postcard I did for the American Quilt Society auction. Any funds received will go towards the museum and purchase of quilts, etc. Sooo....a great cause! I wish I was quicker in my stitching...i'd do a few more for them, but the pc's need to be in Kentucky by the first of March!
This is of a little fairie tending to her butterfly of an evening. She is carrying her little lantern that I beaded to create a glowing effect. I added metallic french knots to the top of the tulip and beads to the front lip of the tulip. Also beaded the stem as it wasn't showing up well. Added some little glass flowers and a metallic french knot dragonfly in the top left corner...which isn't terribly visible. The whole card is hand quilted...to my limited abilities in that department. Then the final touch of the eye lash yarn around the edge.
Also under the flower beads I did some feather stitching and fly stitching to create a sort of "fern" effect.
Posted by piney cq at 11:09 AM
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Posted by piney cq at 11:08 AM
The back of the bra is primarily beaded. I personally LOVE the google eyed fish on the right. They just add a little bit of my humor I guess. The straps of the bra were done with a feather stitch and beaded to help pull it all together with the beads cascading down from them to blend with the se life. I finally found some fringe for the bottom that helped pull the whole thing together. It was an interesting process to create this. I didn't know from minute to minute quite what I was going to do next....and found I didn't want to ! Planning cq just hasn't worked for me as well as flying by the seat of my pants so to speak! LOL!!! Anyway, the closure was entirely covered with the lining, which is velvet. I then applied snaps on the inside and on the outside added two clamshell beads with the smaller beads to continue the illusion of the deep sea.
Guess i've babbled enough. Off to get a few things done! Like figuring out how to blog links that I seem to be hopeless at!
Posted by piney cq at 10:31 AM
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
This is a pic of the completed front of the ArtBra I completed for a local challenge being held at a quilt store in Denver. I called it Oceans Blue Mystery. It has tons of beading on it and lots of little surprises. It took a little bit to complete but it was a good experience! Hopefully you can see a bit of the work that was done...like the ruched ribbon, the chain stitch seaweed, the BE lobster and fish, to name a few!
Posted by piney cq at 3:09 PM