Sunday, July 02, 2006

Beginnings

block 2 - frndsp
block 2 - frndsp,
originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
This is one of two blocks I put together for a project Iam involed in. A friend is potentially quite ill, so a bunch of us are making blocks that will be assembled into a throw for her. The borders, as it stands now, will have SRE all along seams, etc. Minkee has been chosen for the back! The sashing will be black velvet and all the colors of the blocks are to be jewel tones, after five fabrics, etc. Well....this lovely lady loves butterflies and will get them, at least on this block I pieced more curved type patches to try and keep the wing flavor and am going to try some of Sharon B's stitches (variations) in her 100 days 100 designs series. I will post as I progress so you can all follow what i'm doing! Only thing....beads will probably be last cuz i'm ALWAYS snagging on them with my thread! LOL!!!

No comments: