Wednesday, June 21, 2006

DYB Hideko's block

DYB Hideko's block
DYB Hideko's block,
originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
This is the very first bolck I worked on in the DYB rr. This is Hideko's block. Her materials are just gorgeous! I presume the are kimono silks. I created a little cherry tree for her, dabbled with a beaded flower technique. That still needs some refining but it still came out kind of cute. Then theres a dragonfly, sharon b's chainstitch butterflies at the top and some stitch combos to finish off the seams. I hope that Hideko enjoys the block. My interpretation is different from others i've seen so far. That's part of what makes it fun though!

1 comment:

LouAnne said...

Beautiful block! Great work! May I ask what stitch forms the body of the "chain stitch butterflies"? I had my nose right up to the screen, but couldn't tell!