Wednesday, February 14, 2007

WSDYB Clairee


WSDYB Clairee
Originally uploaded by Pinyon Creek Stitchin'.
Hi all!!! i'm late getting this posted, but wanted to share with everyone! I have played with some of the different TAST variations (to date). www.inaminuteago.com ...and really enjoyed this block. The maker had requested a tree from me....i'm hoping she is happy with it. I tried to stay withing the color schemes of the block and it felt like "fall" to me! I added the leaves on the tree doing a rather random herringbone stitch that I over lapped in different colors and added a few detached chains as well. I created a "rock" out of a neat bead I found in my stash. It looks neat in person anyway. :_) and placed a fly stitch bush around it. Above it are some fall mums blooming away! Off to the left are some glass bead leaves, and the leaf that was embedded in the pattern of the fabric, I stitched with some silk to pull it out and show off it's colors. Above the leave is a beaded, herringbone, cretan seam treatment with algerian eyes that I varied just a small bit. Last, but not least, is the herringbone seam treatment on the right with beads and detatched chain stitches.

No comments: